2021 Workshops have finished! Our video library will be posted up in July!
Through the Artist Sustainability Workshop Series (ASWS), the Bronx Council on the Arts (BCA) seeks to provide resources for artists seeking to build out their skill sets and create sustainable careers. We offer two types:
- Professional Development- which helps artists learn how to structure their artistic practices as a business, with workshops in business planning, intellectual property, marketing, fundraising and more.
- Craft Development- including writing, visual arts, music, and media workshops.
"Thanks you so much for providing this Artist Sustainability Workshop Series. I really appreciate all that the Bronx Council on the Arts has done, and continues to do, for the artist community." -J.G.
"Thank you very much for this conversation. It was a great opportunity to have a healthier approach to the financial aspect of been an artist." - L.M.
BCA's 2021 Artists Sustainability Workshops were held entirely online again via zoom. This year our focus was to help equip artists to share their practice in a virtual world.
Affordable Housing for Artists led by Daniel Arnow from The Actors Fund
Breaking into the Art World led by Cathy Kaplan from Sidley Austin LLP
Best Practices for Virtual Engagement led by Chris Walters from The ARTS Council of the Southern Finger Lakes
Developing Your Website Content led by David Ulloa from BCC
Social Media Mastery led by Breana Vazquez from BCA
Building Your Brand Online led by David Ulloa from BCC
Intro to Financial Wellness: Budgeting Nuts & Bolts led by Rebecca Selkowe from The Actor’s Fund
All of of our 2020 ASWS workshops are now available on our youtube channel.
- Financial Strategies for Freelance Artists in a Time of Crisis
- Best Business Practices: CV, Resume and Artist Statement Writing
- Portfolio Basics for Exhibiting Artists and Photographers
- Affordable Housing for Artists’ with Daniel Arnow from Actors Fund
- Branding and Marketing with Michael Hamlett Jr. of The Bronx Brand
- Artist Bio as Self Portrait with Ximena Izquierdo Ugaz
- Navigating a Career in the Visual Arts with Yancey Richardson
- Shadows and Inner Scenery: Transmuting Through Art with Nathalie Flo
- The Profitable Side of Nonprofits led by NYCON
- Web Design 101 Crash Course with David Ulloa
- Organizational Management Series: Mergers & Strategic Alliances
- Organizational Management Series: Scenario Planning
- Organizational Management Series: Organizational Redesign
There are no upcoming events at this time