Keyholders work independently in the Printshop’s shared Artists’ Studio and have access to a vibrant community of peers. Artists from all disciplines are eligible to apply; printmaking skills are not required, but some familiarity with the medium is recommended.
Participation is limited and competitive. Applications are evaluated by a panel of seasoned artists, curators, and art professionals based on the quality of submitted artwork. Emerging artists without a studio are highly encouraged to apply.
Keyholder Residency includes:
• 24/7, one-year access to a shared studio with printmaking facilities
• $1,000 stipend
• Free career development workshops and salons
• Group exhibition opportunities
• Consultation hours with Printshop printers
• Only legal US residents may apply (i.e., Social Security cardholders).
• Students enrolled in any kind of degree program at the time of the residency are not eligible.
• Keyholder Residencies are limited to emerging artists only. The Printshop defines emerging artists as under-recognized and under-represented artists in early stages in their careers.
DEADLINE: September 1, 2020 11:59PM EST
Apply online: http://www.printshop.org/keyholder-residencies/application-form/
For more information contact: 212-673-5390 or firstname.lastname@example.org