Since 1978, Mind-Builders Creative Arts Center has brought together the best of arts education, youth development, and community engagement to the Bronx. Our mission is to develop skills in a variety of art forms for children, teens, and adults while nurturing self-esteem, building character, and cultivating an appreciation of our diverse cultures through high-quality arts and education programs. Professional teaching artists lead 200 free, subsidized, and/or low-cost group and private classes across: dance, music, theater, visual arts, folk culture research, martial arts, and fitness instruction. In addition, we also run a zero-cost Pre-K program and offer subsidized studio rentals, at our brightly, newly renovated facility, to the broader community. To take a closer look at the work we do visit: https://www.mind-builders.org/about-us/
About the Position:
Mind-Builders is looking for an inspiring, hands-on, and enterprising Executive Director (ED). Serving as chief executive, leading fundraiser, and motivational champion, the ED will also oversee our strategic direction as we seek to refine our programmatic offerings, diversify our $3M budget, and continue serving the community. The ED will partner with an engaged Board of Directors, a dynamic team of 52 staff, and will have the support of a contingency of family and community volunteers, along with an Executive Assistant dedicated to the ED.
The ED will be based in the Northeast Bronx, 2 blocks to all modes of public transportation, and from the comfort of a light-filled corner office! In order to monitor Center activities and be available to meet families and students, this position requires work on occasional evenings and Saturdays.
The salary range for this position is $145K - $165K+ annually with the exact salary depending on experience. Competitive benefits include up to two remote work days per week, health insurance with generous company contribution, 401K contribution, three weeks paid vacation plus an August company closure week, technology equipment (phone and laptop) and much more!
If any of the below describes you and your leadership skills, please apply!
- An energetic, collaborative leader, with a deep appreciation and knowledge of the culture and art forms inspired by the rich history of the African-American/Black, Caribbean, Latinx and related African diaspora.
- Someone who thinks big and can bring vision and direction for Mind-Builders future, helping to refine and improve our high-impact program offerings
- A leader who will embody Mind-Builders values of access, artistry and discipline, professionalism, community, heritage and belonging, trust and accountability, and lasting impact
- An experienced organizational leader who can expertly oversee the day-to-day operations of a nonprofit organization
- Excited at the prospect of stewarding key internal and external relationships and bringing in new champions to support our work and community
- An inclusive people leader who models a welcoming culture and promotes opportunities for the development of their people
- Committed to empowering young people to express themselves, realize their full potential, and live rewarding lives!
Mind-Builders welcomes candidates who have proven themselves to be successful, values-driven, and inclusive leaders. We are ideally targeting those with at least 10+ years of professional experience, please note that an undergraduate degree and a graduate degree are preferred but not required.
You can view the full job description and apply directly using this link: http://www.on-ramps.com/open-positions/2813
Mind-Builders is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without unlawful discrimination based on race, ethnicity, color, creed, national origin, gender, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, military status, prior record of arrest or conviction, or current employment status. Because of the communities we serve, we especially encourage people from African Diasporic culture to apply for this position.