Leads the day-to-day execution of marketing and communications for significant and established Northeast Bronx arts center. Shows a strong commitment to the mission of Mind-Builders Creative Arts Center while exuding a passion to achieve a raised awareness of Mind-Builders’ role in the community as the center of excellence for youth arts education and community culture.
Reports to: Assistant Executive Director for Development and External Affairs
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Responsible for driving enrollment and audience development for both free and fee-based youth programs and related public events
• Develops and manages strategy, calendar, timelines and content for grassroots, print, and social media including to schools, community organizations and press
• Manages print and digital initiatives through writing, editing, designing content and maintaining assets including photo and video archives
• Collaborates with staff to lead, develop and hone campaign goals, strategies, tactics, and budgets throughout the year; responsible for marketing budget
• Responsible for data analysis including audience surveys to evaluate success and effectiveness and use the results to inform the approach to marketing
• Support development department with solicitations, reporting and funder acknowledgement compliance
• Significant marketing experience of three years or more in addition to minimum of related bachelor's degree or masters' (or 3 years or more advanced professional training and experience, grad school and/or success in the field)
• Project management experience
• Proficient in Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Suite, basic video editing
• Enthusiastic, thoughtful and engagingly effective communicator who makes friends easily across all class, profession and race divides through demonstrated belief in the Mind-Builders mission
• Success and demonstrated strategies for increasing engagement including audience numbers, youth and family participation/enrollment, open rates and calls to action that have been successful with African American, Caribbean, Latino inner-city family/community groups
• Proven messaging language and visuals that quickly grab attention and follow up with strategic and well-placed phrases and subject lines
• Demonstrated experience garnering a large following for events and programs for our communities/population
• Creative and engaging personality that's socially confident and effective with concrete (phone, email, social media, flyer, photo/illustration, video and print) strategies proven to quickly connect with and enlist parents and community families, local youth, school administrators, key staff of community groups and of public officials' offices, funders, colleagues and of general public as partners in this challenging pandemic climate
• Bright and sociable personality: outgoing, thoughtful, engaging
• Very well organized, effectively sets and meets deadlines
• Excellent and engaging communicator with excellent speaking, writing, graphic/print placement and proofreading skills
This position is open with an immediate start date. Submit a cover letter, resume, writing and design samples and the names of two professional references in a single pdf to jcope [at] mind-builders.org with the subject “Marketing and Communications Manager.” Incomplete submissions will not be considered.
This full-time position is on site, Monday to Friday or Tuesday to Saturday, with flexibility needed to work regular nights and Saturdays. A comprehensive background check is required.
Job Type: Full-time, Exempt position. Pay: $65,000.00 per year Benefits include: medical, paid vacation, holidays, sick leave, and personal days after three months. 401K 3% match after one full year of service.