Join us at Longwood Art Gallery @ Hostos for our latest Youth Program Workshop with artist Sophia Chizuco! In this workshop participants will create Origami flowers or animals. And they also can draw or write a message on it. Creating Origami has lots of benefits:
- Enhances behavioral skills, attention skills, focusing skills and processing skills
- Useful for Cooperative Learning and social skills
- Connects to Math, Geometry, measurement, fractions and symmetry
- Reinforces fine motor coordination
- Increases cognitive development and problem solving
- Encourages multi-cultural awareness
- Links to community building
- Encourages creativity and independent thinking.
All materials will be provided, free of cost. Light refreshments and snacks will also be available. RSVP now to save your spot!
*** Visitors to Hostos no longer need to show proof of vaccination or proof of a negative PCR test to enter. Masks are not required at this time, but individuals are welcome to continue wearing them. ***