BAAD! The Bronx Academy of Arts and Dance is a cultural arts organization and theater that creates, produces, presents, and supports the development of cutting edge and challenging works in contemporary dance and all creative disciplines that are empowering to women, Latinos and other people of color, and the LGBTQ (lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and queer) community.
BAAD! is seeking a Development Associate to join its dynamic, effective community-based arts organization. The Development Associate will be responsible for a range of activities that will include serving as the organization’s point person for its Annual Gala, participating in fundraising strategy, supporting donor cultivation activities, acknowledging gifts and maintaining donor records, and research, writing, and reporting on grants. The position reports to the Executive Director.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
● Grant research and proposal writing and reporting, as required.
● Coordinate aspects of annual gala and fundraising events including working with event consultants and board
committees, planning cultivation events, researching and securing sponsorship, managing invitation lists,
overseeing the invitations mailing, revenue tracking and reporting.
● Foster relationships with new and returning donors at all levels, through correspondence, phone calls, and events
and research prospective donors.
● Create appeal letters, from drafting through preparation of mail and e-mail messages, tracking and reporting of
gifts, and acknowledgement letters.
● Provide support to the board, as required.
● Handle all day-to-day development activities, including processing and recording of gifts.
● Research, procure, and implement a new donor database and manage all facets of the database, ensuring that
records are current and accurate.
● Reconcile donor gifts with the finance department.
● Interface with other staff members to gather additional details or supporting materials needed for grant
applications and/or reports.
● Other duties, as assigned.
● Minimum of 2 years of development experience desired
● Bachelor’s degree required
● Familiarity with and enthusiasm for dance and the performing arts
● Excellent writing, editing, interpersonal, and verbal skills are a must
● Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Google Drive, and customer management software
● Excellent organizational skills and the ability to work under pressure, to adapt easily to changing situations and
priorities, and to meet multiple deadlines and goals simultaneously
● Strong work ethic, professional manner, high standards, and the ability to work independently as well as in a
team environment essential
● Ability to work well and build relationships with stakeholders
● Keen attention to detail and highly organized
● Passion for systems and analysis
● Ability to work evenings and weekends for events, as needed
For consideration, please submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please use subject line “Development Associate.” Please title your files “(first name and last name) Cover Letter” and “(first name and last name) Resume.” You may also send one file with both documents with the title “(first name and last name) Resume and Cover Letter.”