• Responsible for several sources of earned income including the Café, admission and parking; forecasts and manages the departmental budget and is responsible for meeting income goals.
• Supervise both full and part-time employees, vendors and consultants. Direct reports include the Senior Manager of Visitor Services, the Security Supervisor and Visitor Services Assistant. Provide team with regular organizational updates on policy, procedures, visitor complaints or special requests. Attend Senior Staff meetings and disseminate information to staff as directed and ensure that information is communicated to the rest of the Visitor Services staff.
• Oversee the Security Supervisor and full-time and seasonal guards; act as liaison between Security and other departments for special events, conferences and tours. Ensure daily room and equipment set-ups have been done.
• Manage the Volunteer Program. Establish the highest level of customer service.
• Primary liaison to Great Performances, Wave Hill’s exclusive food provider. Responsible for ensuring quality visitor experience in the café.
• The Director will be significantly engaged in all capital projects, including the FY2019/FY2020 project to renovate the visitor parking lot and admission gatehouse. The Director will be responsible for planning and overseeing temporary alterations to all visitor services operations during the construction period including attendance at construction progress meetings and coordination of logistics for staff, visitors and events for admission, membership and parking.
The successful candidate will be an experienced and energetic non-profit manager with strong customer service and operations background with 10 years experience, with a minimum of seven years in a supervisory role, preferably in a museum or garden setting.
• A decisive and personable individual with the ability to handle challenging situations with calm and grace while affirming institutional policies and procedures
• Strong interpersonal, supervisory and communication skills essential
• Experience with budgeting and financial tracking
• Well-developed analytic skills with the ability and experience to set institutional policies
• Ability to build and strengthen the current mid-management team and create policies and protocols which will establish effective and efficient operations
• Knowledge of Microsoft office suite required. Experience with CMS/database systems a plus
• Flexible schedule to include weekends and holidays
• Bachelor’s degree preferred
• Valid driver’s license
Schedule: Wednesday through Sunday; Excellent salary and benefits package.
Send resume and cover letter with salary requirement: firstname.lastname@example.org
Wave Hill is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive environment for all employee. January 2019