Please visit our website to view current and past exhibitions at: https://www.bronxriverart.org/gallery.cfm
1. Proposals must be conceptually rigorous and focus on artists and themes in a way that is innovative, timely, challenging, and engaging.
2. We are looking for proposals that clearly demonstrate a unique and creative approach to curatorial research methods and innovative exhibition plans, as well as an awareness of various art media within an historical context.
3. Guest Curators should not include their own work in the exhibition they are proposing.
4. Bronx River Art Center strongly encourages applications that expand our mission and contribute to our ongoing commitment to emerging artists, social and environmental justice, and advocacy for artists.
Please attach the following information as a Word or PDF document and send by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org with subject heading Curator Open Call
1. A detailed exhibition proposal (concept paper) with your name, address, phone number and email address, of up to 500 words that includes a curatorial statement, exhibition goals and objectives, any technical requirements, and a preliminary list of artists with a checklist of images, and indicate whether these artists have been confirmed. We additionally encourage the proposal of a public program and/or community workshops (date and time to be determined if your proposal is selected)
2. 5 - 10 image samples. This does not have to be a final image check-list, just a grouping of artworks that illustrate your exhibition idea.
3. A Curator’s CV.
4. Three professional references (names and contact info) describing previous curatorial work/projects and/or research experience.
Selected curators will be awarded a $500 - $600 honorarium depending on the show’s complexity. Exhibiting artists will also receive stipends based on the number of artists in the show.
The Submission deadline is Friday, April 22, 2022.
Finalists will be contacted for a virtual or safe in-person interview before selections are announced. Please do not submit original materials. All applications will be kept on our files for future reference. For technical inquiries email: email@example.com.
*No phone calls inquiring about the status of your submission, please.