Reporting to the Director of Visitor Services, the Senior Manager of Visitor Services is responsible for ensuring that all visitors to Wave Hill have a welcoming experience and operations are efficient and smooth. The Senior Manager supports the Director of Visitor Services by executing the vision of the department and demonstrating a high level of customer service. Direct reports include admission cashiers, receptionists and Visitor Center greeters. Responsibilities include:
- Hire, train, schedule and supervise front-line staff so that all staff properly communicates all program and exhibition offerings and answers general questions in a warm and friendly manner.
- On days when the Director is not on duty, oversee the Security Supervisor and full-time and seasonal guards. Act as a liaison between Security and other departments for special events, conference, and tours.
- Ensure that daily room and equipment set-ups have been completed.
- Handle and resolve visitor complaints/issues as they arise.
- Maintain procedures and develop protocols for admission and program ticketing system, Altru. Handle all troubleshooting with the system and provide assistance to cashiers, greeters and other visitor service staff as needed. Liaison with the IT department for all Altru issues.
- Handle daily cash deposits drops and maintain financial recordkeeping in coordination with Business Office and provide regular reports to the Director of Visitor Services.
- Responsible for maintaining visitor services statistics and attendance records.
- Act as liaison with the Director of Facilities to maintain all shuttle vehicles.
- Coordinate customer service training for Visitor Services and Security staff.
- Represents the Director of Visitor Services in his/her absence.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a managerial role, preferably in a museum or cultural institution setting.
- Must have excellent communications, interpersonal and analytical skills
- Experience in supervising staff
- Knowledge of constituent management/ticketing systems required
- Must have general knowledge about audio/visual systems
- Flexible schedule with the ability to work weekends and holidays
- Valid driver’s license
Schedule: Wednesday through Sunday; Excellent salary and benefits package.
- Send resume and cover letter with salary requirement: email@example.com
Wave Hill is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive environment for all employee.