Targeted to aspiring professionals and avocational writers, these professionally-led workshops instruct attendees on developing first-person narratives and bringing personal stories to the fore. The program's goal is to ensure that local voices do not go unheard and that local writers receive the professional development they need to continue publishing on their own.
As coordinator, you will be responsible for:
- securing 4 writing instructors for 16, 2-hour workshop sessions from September 2022 to March 2023. Fall sessions will be held online. Spring sessions would be held in person or online.
- hosting sessions on BCA's Zoom account; attend the first and the last session of each series/supervise the work of teaching artists.
- maintaining attendance records and surveys of participants
- coordinating the submission of materials from participants
- selecting and editing submissions from the participants for the publication Bronx Memoir Project Volume 7
- prepare book layout draft, write editor’s note for the volume
- work with BCA staff to coordinate the self-publication of the book through Amazon
- work with BCA staff to coordinate and attend a book launch to celebrate the annual publication
- responsible for securing locations when the program goes back to the in-person format