https://bronxarts.secure.force.com/donate?dfId=a0zd0000001bMCSAA2

arts fund

menu_grants

2015 Arts Fund Program Guidelines

Deadline: Wednesday, November 5th, 2014 at 11:59pm

Application

Click for full PDF

Funding for this program is made possible by:

 

New York City Department of Cultural Affairs through the Greater New York Arts Development Fund (DCAGNYADF), the New York City Council and Mayor Bill de Blasio.

_____________________________________________________________________________

 

The Bronx Council on the Arts (BCA) is seeking submissions from Bronx arts organizations and artists for new public projects that have not taken place due to lack of funds or projects already scheduled for which additional funds would have a significant impact. This initiative is geared to organizations with annual budgets under $100,000 for two of the last three years and independent artists who are unaffiliated. This grant will only support projects that demonstrate a community/public benefit in the Bronx.

 

The Arts Fund Program is designed to support and develop the capacity of individual artists, collectives, and small nonprofit organizations to 1) develop high quality local arts projects and programming and 2) contribute to Bronx communities by providing opportunities for the public to experience and engage with the arts. Emphasis is placed on the quality and artistic merit of proposed projects and the depth and authenticity of audience experience, participation and engagement.

 

Competitive projects will demonstrate thoughtful project planning, experienced project personnel and planned project income in the form of cash and other means of support. The Bronx Arts Fund strongly supports opportunities for artists and organizations to develop and lead community projects. BCA expects applicants to identify the audiences and communities they wish to reach. Projects should include clear and realistic plans to promote the project and reach the public.

 

Grants range:  Minimum request amount is $1,000 and maximum request amount cannot exceed $5,000.  

 

Grantees will receive 80% of their award at the annual Arts Fund Award Reception and the remaining 20% will be distributed once they have submitted a final report for the funded project.

 

Projects must begin no earlier than February 2015 and be completed no later than December 31, 2015.  

Recipients of an Arts Fund Grant CANNOT also receive a BCA BRIO Grant in the same fiscal year. If you receive notice of your grant approval from the Arts Fund and you have already submitted a BRIO Application, you MUST withdrawel your BRIO application. Both grants are part of the same funding pool and NO applicant can receive both!


PANELIST WANTED
Are you a performer, visual artist, arts critic, historian, art advisor, music producer, curator?

The Bronx Council on the Arts seeks nominations of arts professionals to serve on the 2015 grant cycle panels

Applicants are welcomed from all boroughs. Panelists cannot be BCA grant applicants for the current 2015 grant cycle.

Individuals selected to serve on a panel will receive an information packet, a letter of confirmation with the date, location and time of the panel meeting. All Panelists receive an honorarium.

The
2015 Grant Panelist Application is to nominate a potential panelist. Resumes or CVs are required for submission. Applicants may nominate themselves.

YOUR PARTICIPATION IS GREATLY APPRECIATED!

 

For additional information
about the Arts Fund guidelines,
e-mail sabrina@bronxarts.org.

 

 

 

 

BCA Grant Newsletter


 

» home
» site map

» contact us

» frequently asked questions
» send link to a friend

Terms of Use    

Privacy Policy

© 2005 - 2014   Bronx Council On The Arts . All Rights Reserved.